The concept is based on a new patented idea of well construction. The idea is to perform the drilling operation with a dual drill string and a downhole movable packer, which implies a re-arrangement of the drilling fluid hydraulics compared to conventiona l drilling. The method can utilise modern drilling equipment with small modifications, however, some new parts have to be implemented and verified.
The concept has large consequences for future drilling operations:
- Improved safety, additional barriers and better well control for underbalanced drilling.
- Improved performance, it solves problems for drilling in depleted reservoirs.
- Reduced cost, due to lighter drilling equipment, less problems and faster operations.
- Improved environmental impact, be tter safety and less pollution discharge.
This Joint Industry Project has the following participants:
- RF, a leading research institute on oil well drilling.
- Welldeco, a highly competent company in petroleum well services engineering.
- Reelwell, an i nnovation company with focus on the development of the technology.
- Several International Oil Companies, with expertise and incentive to implementation.
PETROMAKS-Maksimal utnyttelse av petroleumsreserver