The goal of the Project is to support India's efforts to establish a National Geotechnical Facility and enhance bilateral cooperation within the geosciences.
The project aims at:
- providing technical support for setting-up the National Geotechnical Fac ility (NGF) in India and assisting with its initial strategy and plans for operation;
- strengthening ties between Indian and Norwegian organisations within the geosciences;
- enabling two-way exchange of professional personnel;
- holding joint Worksho ps/Seminars/Study tours;
- building up capacity and competence at NGF;
- improved facilities for geotechnical labortory testing of soil, rock and concrete;
- enhanced professional geo-capacity of indian counterparts in soil and rock testing and enginee ring;
- strengthened ties between the civil engineering community in India and Norway;
- self-sustained NGF within a period of about 5 years by generating resources through research and consultancy projects;
A possible spin-off from the NGF may be to b ecome a partner for NGI for their geotechnical outreach and research in Asia, which would be of benefit to both NGI and NGF.