The THINK-NEXT electric modules combine autonomously into "bus-trains" for longer distances. They have quickly interchangeable top-side modules for moving parcels at night or people daytime, ready to meet post-Corona transport challenges.
The AI based fleet management system tells the "pods" when and where to pick up people or parcels, then links them firmly "on-the-fly" to a "lead-pod" with a driver and become legally approved fast buses, until they split up and swarm out when entering autonomy-allowed destination areas
This door-to-door service is designed for the post-Corona world: Interchangeable tops become
• "PeoplePods" offering secure transport of weak and elderly who want to avoid overcrowded multi-modal buses
• "ParcelPods" running silently at night help local merchants and cities with home delivery in a booming e-commerce at 30% lower cost and climate impact
THINK-NEXT complement public transport options with a convenient, accessible and affordable mobility solutions for both people and parcels. It has already been successfully tested in a pilot in Dubai. We integrate it with intelligent software. That will bring it to TRL 8 , and allows a commercial rapid roll out thanks to the Consortium partners integrating their innovations
THINK NEXT will contribute to the expected impacts set out in the work program;
• We develop and realize a transport innovation that can reshape existing public transport markets and is a major step forward for addressing the environmental, climate and congestion challenges of city mobility.
• We improve the innovation capacity in the public transport sector , strengthening their competitiveness and scale-up of the industrial partners in the consortium;
• We advance technological progress by combining the best existing software in different areas to go beyond the state-of-the-art. This allows to realize a commercial solution to the NEXT concept.,