This proposal seeks support for Karen O´Brien´s participation in the Future Earth research initiative. From 2011-2013 she served as a member of the Transition Team that established Future Earth and since 2013 she has been a member for the Science Committee.
The PI seeks funding to cover the following activities:
- Representing Future Earth at the International Social Science workshop on Transformation to sustainability, in Potsdam, Germany, in November, 1 week.
- Science Committee Meeting (December 2014) ? Buenos Aires, 2 weeks.
- Monthly SC meetings -- 12 meetings + preparation, 2 weeks
- Science Committee Meeting, June 1-5, in Vienna, 1,5 week
- Science Committee Meeting, November 16-21, tbc, 1,5 week
- Communication, coordination and meetings with the Regional Hub in Sweden and Nordic mobilization, 2 weeks
- Ongoing Future Earth tasks:
o Preparation, 3 weeks
o Dissemination, 2 weeks (Including talk at dialogue meeting RCN February 10)
o Proposal and document review, 2 weeks